RFID BAGGAGE TRACKING SOLUTION
This video explains how “HHRBTS” Baggage Tracking Solution is functioning.
WHAT IS HAND-TO-HAND RFID BAGGAGE TRACKING SYSTEM?
- Innovative RFID tracking solution for airline baggage
- Uses EPC RFID standard tracking
- Fully compliant with IATA standards and recommended practices
- Easy to install, set up and get running
- Scalable from tiny airport to an international hub
- Doesn’t require integration with BHS systems, but it can be done to offer additional benefits to the airport.
- Provides real-time analytics to both airports and airlines
- To reduce the number of lost bags more granular visibility in baggage lifecycle is needed. This is one of the reasons for Resolution 753.
- RFID offers a way to add reading points in the BHS system much cheaper than a barcode and in places where reading was not possible before.
- Read rates of RFID are better than read rates of the barcode.
HOW DOES SYSTEM WORKS?
The health monitoring of the system can be performed on two different levels. The hardware infrastructure is constantly monitored by our administrator back-end system “ERFID Communications Server”. This is an industrial grade middleware platform for managing RFID hardware which has been tested on 100s of projects managing hundreds of readers at a time. The system provides all typical fail-safes and redundancies (such as database replication and mirroring on different layers of the service) to ensure stable operation in harshest environments and for most mission critical tasks. In the case of occurring exceptions not only does the system provide a visual indication of the problem in the Graphical User Interface, but also has the ability to generate SMS, email & web service alerts. Exhaustive logs are maintained at each level of deployment and routinely synced to the main server.
Description of “Hand to hand” RFID Baggage Tracking System for Airlines and Airports.
- Web-based analytical engine providing data of all bags registered by the system
- The reporting engine is very flexible and can be easily adapted to the customer needs
THE ADVANTAGES OF “HHRBTS” ARE:
- 99,99 % level of readability of bag tags
- Easy installation and integration with other IT systems; ability to scale
- Joint use with barcode solutions in order to obtain multiple effects
- Automation which minimizes the human factor
- Ability to combine the unlimited quantity of terminals and airports into one infrastructure
- Ability for all the airlines to use the infrastructure
- Providing passengers with the accurate information about their baggage
RFID PILOT PROJECT SCOPE
- RFID system included 25 RFID scanning points in four European airports: PRG,BLQ,TLL,SVO
- RFID system was integrated with ARINC IT platform
- RFID system was tested on Aeroflot (SU) flights